Olive Riding Jacket/Butterick B6433

January had me working on Butterick B6433.  My first iteration of the jacket just did not do well.  The twill fabric I had in my stash was far too thick and stiff so when I tried it on, it just didn’t hang well.  In addition, I used a lightweight cotton for the lining which did the garment no favors and I found it difficult to put on and take off.  Again, not a good choice.

So, I had to order new fabric and am now waiting for my lining fabric to arrive before I continue.

img_20180208_185447_089862068629.jpg

Much better fit and drape and I am quite happy with it.  I have added the sleeves and belt since I took these pictures.

20180208_162304542589864.jpg

I was happy that I did not have to lengthen this as I typically have to do with tops and jackets. I am also quite please with the way it is turning out (except I did not see the handprints my son left on the mirror until after I had posted the picture, lol).

While I wait for the lining, I have been making other things, too.  I found out that I am going to be a grandmother for the first time so I have gone nuts with all the things I can make for baby.  Case in point:

Burp cloths coming up!  Perfect use for some of the fabric stash I had on hand.

That’s it for now.  Happy sewing!

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s